The Revitalization Phase of the Restore Illinois public health approach to reopening the Illinois economy includes larger gathering sizes, additional businesses reopening and increased capacities. We must all continue to social distance, frequently wash our hands and cover our faces to maintain progress in overcoming COVID-19.
The following documents apply to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Establishments primarily engaged in the preservation and exhibition of live plant and animal life displays
- Examples of zoos include (non-exhaustive): zoos, botanical gardens
- Note: In Zoos Guidelines, “employee” means paid employee or volunteer
- Note: Organizations that operate across multiple workplace environments should refer to applicable Phase IV guidelines for guidance on those workplaces
- Note: As of release, zoos may operate public-facing areas of establishment at no more than 25% of occupancy at any given time and indoor exhibits should be closed. Capacity restrictions will be reassessed based on the latest science and public health metrics on an ongoing basis throughout Phase IV