Other Technical Assistance Information & Relief
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) Licensing (IDFPR) IDFPR is providing relief from professional licensing requirements, including extensions for licenses due March through July and waivers from certain continuing education requirements. Learn more about professional licensing.
- The IRS has released an FAQ to help small and midsize businesses navigate Paid Sick and Family Leave Tax Credits.
- The Illinois Department of Revenue has provided contact info for taxpayer resources while taxpayer assistance offices and phone lines are shut down. Learn more about contact info for taxpayer assistance.
- Penalties and interest for late payment of sales taxes owed from February through April will be waived for eating and drinking establishments that incurred a sales tax responsibility of less than $75,000 in CY2019. Learn more about sales tax penalties and interest.
IDES has assembled FAQs about Unemployment Insurance and the COVID emergency.
- Workers laid off due to COVID qualify for UI so long as they are prepared to return to work.
- Workers sent home due to COVID illness or quarantine, or are caring for an affected family member, are also eligible for UI coverage.
- IDES is waiving the standard 1 week wait to be eligible for UI coverage.