The Revitalization Phase of the Restore Illinois public health approach to reopening the Illinois economy includes larger gathering sizes, additional businesses reopening and increased capacities. We must all continue to social distance, frequently wash our hands and cover our faces to maintain progress in overcoming COVID-19.
The following documents apply to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Seated theaters, cinemas, and performing arts centers primarily engaged in showing live or pre-recorded performances
- Examples of productions shown by theaters and cinema businesses include (non-exhaustive): plays, musicals, orchestras, operas, comedy/ improvisational shows, movies, pre-recorded events
- These guidelines apply to ticketed events with seating available for all customers; general admission shows and/or events without seating (e.g., standing room only) are not permitted at this time
- Note: organizations that operate across multiple workplace environments should refer to applicable Phase IV guidelines for guidance on those workplaces
- Note: As May 14, 2021, theaters and performing arts venues can operate at no more than 60% capacity
- Capacity restrictions and group sizes will be reassessed on an ongoing basis throughout Phase IV